Health Sciences Studies
Online application & entrance examination
BSc and MSc study programs in English
Attractive professions in health industry
Why BSc Study Programs?
Faculty of Health Sciences at Semmelweis University
BSc Study Programs
Welcome to Semmelweis University
- 250 years of experience
- Top 500 world ranking (THE© World)
- Largest and oldest medical university in Hungary
- More than 30 years of experience in international education in German and English languages
- More than 3,400 international students
- Located in Budapest in the heart of a metropolitan city of Central-Eastern-Europe
- Completition of high school / senior secondary school
- Good command of English
- Strong motivation to study and practice health sciences professions
Entrance exam (online)
- English knowledge test (reading comprehension, essay writing)
- Applied Biology test.
- Motivation interview with a professor in case of applying MSc program
- You are also required to write a motivational letter.
Application deadline August 20, 2021 for September intake
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the time they start their studies.
- Applicants are required to either have completed their high school/secondary school education or to currently attend the last year of their secondary education.
- Applying for a MSc programme is possible only if you have a BSc degree in Nursing or Physiotherapy; no other degrees are acceptable.
- Our programmes are only available for applicants with no Hungarian citizenship. In case of double citizenship you can send an official request for a special permission to the Foreign Students’ Secretariat by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is online application process
- You must start application process in Semmelweis University’s online web app called SEMAPHOR
- Before starting your application, you must visit SEMAPHOR opening site and REGISTER
- The admission procedure fee is EUR 450.
- You can pay either by debit/credit card or by wire transfer. In this case you need to upload the payment certificate to the system.
- The admission procedure fee cannot be reduced.
- The admission procedure fee is non-refundable, only if the application has never been submitted or it has been withdrawn before the application deadline.
- There are online entrance exams two times in every months until the end of the application session on August 20.
- You can choose a date preferred by you in SEMAPHOR after submitting you application.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate from an accredited secondary school. This document is a necessary prerequisite of starting the studies (original/attested copy + copy). If the student at the time of applying has not completed his/her studies at secondary school yet, the leaving certificate can be submitted until the registration day. In case you are applying for our Master programme you have to upload your Bachelor degree certificate.
- One passport size photo
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Copy of Passport/ID card with the applicant’s personal data and the expiry date of the passport/ID card.
- Medical report for application – signed by a GP (the form can be downloaded from the Faculty’s website).
- Letters of Recommendation. Letters in English from a secondary school principal or science instructor are welcome, but not obligatory.
- Payment Certificate about the payment of the 450 EUR admission procedure fee if the applicant chooses not to use the online payment system.
- Entrance examinations consists of an English part (reading comprehension, essay writing) and an Applied Biology test. You are also required to write a motivational letter. In case you are applying for the Masters programme you also have to partake in an oral interview with the responsible department.